Because my boys come out with the funniest things almost every day in the car, I have decided to make Saturday my word of wisdom day instead of everyday LOL..
Today's conversation on the way to tennis started off being about why Britain was called Great Britain and not just Britain, it is funny how kids minds work and how a conversation can just change pace!
Aaryn..Well you see, when God named the world, he named Britain, Great Britain, because, well, he just could, because he is God and it's his world so he can do whatever he likes.
Cameron...Rolls eyes..WHATEVER!
Aaryn... I like dinosaurs, were there dinosaurs in Britain?
Cameron...what have dinosaurs got to do with this?
Aaryn...WELL, Dinosaurs, must have been extincted before Jesus was a kid, because WELL, they aren't mentioned in the bible are they? like it doesn't say, one day when Jesus was in the park playing on the swing a dinosaur came down and chased him does it?
Cameron...FOR GOODNESS SAKE, Dinosaurs were extinct way before Jesus, they were around before Adam and Eve
ME...How do you know? how does anyone know? if Adam and Eve were the first people, what about cavemen?
Cameron....Were we talking to you?
ME...umm...ok but...I went to a catholic school and I think I may even know the answer to all of this...
Cameron..WHATEVER!
Aaryn...Well, actually, before Jesus was born, the world was one very big land and then one day, it got iced up and the countries formed (and I thought he never listened at school!) then God he then decided and he said..OH MY GOODNESS, (Aaryn then says very fast...did you know that God never once said Oh my God, because it would be silly to say that because well, he is god, and he would have to say OH MYSELF) (carries on with conversation) ...oh my goodness..it would be sad if people read my bible and there were horror stories about the dinosaurs chasing Jesus, so I had better leave the dinosaurs out and then he called Britain Great Britain and told some man to call America,USA and then he said, I think Australia will be a good name for Australia..(ignore comment about listening at school!)
ME...how do you know this...
Aaryn...I just do...AND WELL...when Jesus was born, God said to him, take this bible to the world with you and then people will know what it is all about...make Joseph read it to Mary, so she will be able to help you read it, (he said that mum because well, Jesus was a baby and he couldn't read). The first bible was probably written on paper with a pen because I don't think that God would have invented the computer then, that came later.
CAMERON...OH FOR GOODNESS SAKE now I know your talking stupid because. I know for sure that Jesus certainly DID NOT come out of Mary's holy womb with a bible in his hand!!!!!
Aaryn...oh ok, did he email it?
And that is where it ended because I simply couldn't hold the laughter in any longer!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment