Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Honestly!

I don't know how I manage to not just laugh in people's faces sometimes. I guess I was blessed with a patient nature, who knows, sometime's it's just so hard, not to just crack.

Today, I had one of those moments (yet again).

We had an ad in the paper for the puppies, a lady rang to enquire about them.

Her ...Is this the number for the puppies?

Me....Yes.

Her....Can you tell me the colour of them?

Me....Tan and black and one is Tan and white.

Her....OH

Me....(waiting)

Her....Oh, are you sure they are not white?

Me.....AH, yes, I'm sure

Her.....Are you definitely sure?

Me....Hang on, I'll go take another look, (hesitate) yes, definitely NOT white

Her....Oh, I have only ever had white boxers and I want another one, but I want a male one, you don't have a white male do you?

Me.....I've told you already, that they are NOT white, they are tan and black and one does have white on it, but she is female.

Her...OH, do you hear that, that is my male boxer, he is white (say's name) hang on he wants to say hello to you

I hear sniffling and barking and I'm wondering to myself why in the hell do I still have the phone against my ear.

Her...He just wanted to say hello to you

Me..OH Ok, well I really do have to go now I think I have another call coming.

Her..Now your definitely sure it is not White??

Me..Positive..goodbye...

WHY ME????????????????

and that is not all, she gave me her family history, all the names of every dog she has ever owned (why the last white boxer she had was Julius Caesar you know), where she lives (stay away from THAT suburb), her name, (which I have blanked from memory banks) and the names of all her grand-children, and I am still asking myself, WHY didn't I just hang up on her????

I swear the ad in the paper must have said..Idiot's ring immediately!

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

SO funny! She must have been lonely and needed someone to talk to... so about those dogs... do you happen to have a white one?!