Sunday, March 09, 2008

Home made candles

I'm loving making these candles. Kimberley taught us girls at a workshop a little while ago and i've been dying to make them ever since! It's a bit dangerous if you are heat gun challenged like i am, but after setting fire to the wax paper only once, burning my fingers twice, nearly burning the table top (thank god gary wasn't home to witness that!) and melting wax onto my hand I managed to make 9 tonight!! (one i made at the workshop!) Last time i used a heat gun, i managed to not only set on fire all the paper i was trying to emboss onto BUT also i set fire to the kitchen curtains Thank GOD the window was right behind the kitchen sink so i managed to put that out immediately (and that is precisely why i was using the gun at the kitchen sink LOL). Needless to say, tonight i was very nervous and have to admit to trying to use the hair dryer first so i wouldn't have to use the deadly gun!! I feel like an indian giver now though as I gave the gun to Jackie, then asked if I could 'borrow' it back tonight LOL She will probably have to beg me for it back (unless i get bored with making candles LOL). I have to make a heap (like 20 or 30) for Cam's school and also a heap for Aaryn's school fete. The biggest problem I have now is, which one to give to Gary's sister Dyan, for her birthday tomorrow! decisions, decisions..i might let him choose!!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Oooh they are so pretty Tess, I love candles....
Totally kacking myself over the pink light, my kids aren't too bad when it comes to using my stuff, they always ask.....but the husband well he thinks it open slather, I wouldn't mind so much, but I wish he could just put things back where he got them from.
Leanne

Chrissy said...

Oh I can *totally* see why Miss Tess!! You are one very clever cookie honey!! I love these. :-)