Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St Paddy's day!!

HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY!! tis a great day for the Irish, to be sure to be sure!!! I do believe that Donald and his daughter Roisin will be having a glass or 3 of the lethal Irish guiness later today when they wake up! (they are my father's cousins in Belfast!) I had an email from Roisin, saying that she intends to have one or 2 LOL i do wish i liked guiness, it always looks so nice, with the froth on the top, but the taste leaves much to be desired..AND YES, i do make myself drink a glass at least twice a year!!!To be sure, to be sure, one wouldn't be Irish if you couldn't keep a Guiness down!!!! My Dad loved st Pats day..he would sing Irish songs all day!

  • If you're Irish come into the parlour
  • With a shillelagh in my hand (pronounced shilaylee) this one was one of my favorites!
  • When Irish Eyes are Smiling (we played this at his funeral!)
  • My darling Maggie May (loved this too!!)
  • I'll take you home again Kathleen (I remember my Grampy singing this to my Nanna every time he got he drunk, which was a LOT LOL)

It's the first St Paddy's day without my dad, so I'm feeling a little sad and nostalgic, he really enjoyed 'today'. He was very proud of our coat of arms!!!

I leave you with this Irish Blessing

May the road rise up to meet you.May the wind be always at your back.May the sun shine warm upon your face;the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

A word of warning today ladies, if your Irish and Catholic, keep your legs well and truly crossed! Tis a well known fact that a Saint Patrick's day fling, brings a Christmas day Baby!!! and yes, i have proof, I have 3 of them ROFL..

No comments: