Thursday, March 27, 2008

Paint me green and call me GUMBY

Will I ever learn to just smile and nod? NOPE! Tonight at work, a rather nice looking man, with blonde curly hair A customer ,came up to my register, smiled at me and said a very big WHY HELLO, HOW ARE YOU?? I smiled back and said, Very well thank you, how are you? He looks at me and says..You don't remember me do you? I stared at him for what seemed like an eternity, when it hit me, Yes I did remember him!

AHH YES, I replied confidently, You are the  Man who ordered all the Orgasmic Tshirts aren't you!! .....

OMG just paint me green and call me GUMBY

WHY OH WHY do I always get ORGANIC and ORGASMIC mixed up when behind a counter???

[The last time that happened to me, I was working in a Health food shop and a man asked if we sold Sultana's and I told him we only sold ORGASMIC ones...he said he'd take the lot!! LOL..]

SO if your after a good time...get yourself to Target and buy some organic Orgasmic Tshirts, before they all sell out LOL

THEN as if that wasn't bad enough, I nearly choked myself to death. Tonight  I thought I would wear my pen on my lanyard, because I'm sick to death of customers stealing my bloody pens always misplacing my pens, I closed the register drawer, went to turn around and nearly knocked myself out as my head spun around and down towards the counter. I had only shut the draw with the lanyard INSIDE the wretched thing. My supervisor, who witnessed the lot, nearly wet herself laughing, the customer, couldn't stand up, she was laughing too much, I just once again, died a slow undignified death, THEN, yes there is more I opened my drawer to remove the deathtrap Lanyard, and only got my shirt caught in the wretched door, sending the supervisor into uncontrolled choking! Now all this would be ok, only every time you open your register drawer for things other than transactions, a little bit of paper comes out of the docket printer with time and your employer number, so you have to write on that the reason you have opened drawer, eg, to put change in etc  The pay office staff are going to be in fits tomorrow when they read the 2 notes left behind.. 1st..Caught lanyard in drawer, had to open drawer to stop being choked!!!! (smiley face) 2nd...caught shirt in drawer, whilst removing lanyard (double smiley face)..

Ah yes, never a dull moment is there

3 comments:

Susan C said...

Oh Tess, I have tears running down my cheeks after reading that. You need to have a tissue alert on these kind of posts. :-)

Leanne said...

hmmm which Target did you say you were at again....I may have to come with my lunch and a drink and just spend the day watching you, it would be one hell of a laugh and very cheap intertainment!!!
:-)

Mrs Frizz said...

OMG - you are a worry ... one day you should write a book my friend or do a comic strip or something ... I'm sure that it would become a best seller.

Priceless!!!