Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I'm Home!

Surgery went well, have to go back in 2 weeks to get dates for the 'big' op which will mean 6 weeks out of action but that's ok, I can handle it. I think LOL He did say that it wasn't pretty in there. (how rude of him) but he will have me all shipshape in no time! (I really don't want to be shaped like a ship but if that what needs to be done lol) at least there is no cancer as far as he could see, however, the very large tumour may have some cells, but that's not to worry about as it's all going anyway! He was able to remove quite a few of the smaller ones though, which I think is ridiculous as he's taking the lot in a few weeks anyway..Double dipping if you ask me LOL

I came home with a list of instructions of what not to do..no housework for a whole day..oh my..I'm bored shitless!

I do have to go see my GP tomorrow, as I've somehow developed very high blood pressure. Apparently, it's even high when I'm unconscious, so high in fact, I set off all the alarms!

While I was waiting to go home, they decided they would do my Ob's once more, I was sitting very calmly and quietly, the alarms went off again and 2 nurses came running over, I just kept reading my magazine. One of them said. MY GOD your bloods so high you should be having a stroke..and I calmly replied..Stroke of what??? He then proceeded to fall about laughing..strange man!

I promised him I would go and get it checked out on Thursday because today I am not allowed to drive a car, make a decision about anything (why? I don't know) sign  legal documents or do housework..I wonder if I am allowed to update my blog? lol

7 comments:

Nik said...

Glad you are home babe...and that they did not manage to take your sense of humour!!!

Deb said...

I am glad it all went well and you are home already, wow that was quick! I hope your dh and your boys take care of you while you're recovering and you don't overdo anything!

Mrs Frizz said...

No housework ... I could handle that ... pleased mumber one went well ... you know what I mean.

Deb said...

Yah Tess, as Nik said, your sense of humour is still intact. Hope you obeyed the Doctor, and made those boys look after you.

Take care
Deb xoxo

Jenny Schimak said...

Hi Tessie, glad it went well today. I didn't realize it was so soon. Take care of yourself and get that bp looked at quick smart. Rest, relax and play on the computer and remember no housework! Hope your boys spoilt you this evening and take good care of you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tess glad to hear that things went reasonably well with op #1. Happy belated birthday too...I was just looking at my calendar when I realised that I had missed it!

Take care!!

Cheers
Anna

Susan C said...

Glad the first one went ok. Blood Pressure probs can be stress related but go get it checked.