Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lots of things!

Can't think of a specific title so lots of things will do!

  • Firstly....BIG THANK YOU to the ever so lovely LIS for my little pay it forward RAK that arrived in mail today. A gorgeous pincushion. I am always looking for pins, now i have no excuse! Thanks Lisa LOVE IT!!!
  • Secondly.....another BIG THANK YOU, to the gorgeous Heike for the lovely autumn leaves stamps that I was lucky enough to win on her blog! LOVE THEM heaps and have used them already!!!!! (see layout below! wedding present one)
  • And Thirdly ...yet another BIG THANK YOU, to Nicole, for my lovely Secret Santa gift, a fold out album, and lots of bits and pieces!!!
  • I will take a pic of all my little pressies later
  • Lovely Lee has asked her blogging friends (stalked perhaps?? ROFL only joking !!) to advertise her new little venture, so here I am, doing as I'm told LOL..ok..exerpt from her email:
  • I have been asked to be on the team of a new challenge blog called Category Stories (to say I am beside myself with excitement is a total understatement!!). The blog address is: http://categorystories.blogspot.com/ and there is not much there at the moment but there will be on September 1st USA time (so 2nd September NZ / Aussie time) when the first challenge goes up. The blog is an international one, and each fortnight (or so) we will post a category for people to do a layout/creation on. It hopefully will be a bit fun and different with some prompts for pages/journals that people may not have thought of before. We are just issuing Categories every fortnight or so for people who might like to play along, and there will be a prize for a layout chosen from each category..
  • Sounds like it might be fun hey!! so come on, go take a squizz on Sunday!! I think I will!!!
  • Another couple of new blogs i have found scrap the pets (i've had 2 layouts on there!!) and also whilst running through blogland i found this new site that is yelling out for submissions (so i got brave and emailed them too LOL) SCRAP THE STUFF looks like everything is covered now, boys, girls, teenz, pets and stuff LOL...
  • HMM what else.....I have posted the RAKS to Leanne, Chrissy and Deb, you should get them soon!!!
  • I'm having a stampin-up party/workshop on Thursday, should be fun! I have about 10 lovely ladies coming (MUD CAKE!! amazing how that word brings people out of hibernation LOL), really looking forward to the day.
  • I'm bored! LOL i have nothing exciting to write about. The kids haven't been obliging by coming out with funny things, I've not fallen down, or done anything strange (surprised aren't you lol)....went shopping...bought Wild Hogs, but wont let the kids watch it, it's for Father's day!! lol...so they are watching Norbet in the bedroom, it must be funny, all I can hear is Aaryn in fits of laughter. I've not seen it or Wild Hogs before (i hate going to the cinema, i always fall asleep when the movie starts lol), but Gary and the boys assure me that I will laugh...We'll see, their sense of humor and mine are totally different...but then again..I have laughed watching the previews!
  • I had Master Keiran (he's nearly 5 wowzers!) in the car with me today, Tina told him to put his seatbelt on and he sighed very loudly and said..."I can't, it's way too IMPOSSIBLE" i nearly run into a pole with laughter!...he also had me in fits in Kmart, Tina told him off for being silly, he grabbed my hand and took me to one side and whispered "she's cranky Nanna, she is always cranky, we better stay away from her ok"..When we were at the park, he gave a big sigh, looked at me and said.."Did you hear that Nanna, that was me, my body made that noise" I told him it was called a sigh, so we both sighed and sighed, just to get the hang of it. He sighed really loud and said " I love to sigh Nanna" and then went on to say "My mum, WELLLLLLLL she sighs at Daddy all the time, when daddy just doesn't listen to her" I sighed and said "oh dear, Mummy's do that I guess"...his answer..."yes, nanna's do it to poppy's too!!" oopps!!! best not sigh anymore!
  • Right...I'm off now! congrats on staying this far! LOL..i'll leave you with a couple of layouts I've only got 2 to do before 31st and i'll have finished the monthly challenges on Aussies!! YEEHAH...wonder if i'll get them done LOL...
  • WOW......the moon is turning RED, off to take some pics of the Lunar Eclipse, it's a beautiful night out, i hope my camera behaves LOL

*******EDITED***********EDITED************EDITED******************

  • just took this pic, it's not the best but it's the best my camera can do tonight, because i dont remember how to put it on slow speed blah blah blah LOL...
  • **************EDITED AGAIN*************EDITED AGAIN*************
  • THE LUNAR ECLIPSE.... OK..so i went back outside after putting the last pic up, played around with the settings on my camera and lo and behold, i am clever after all!! it took me ages to get the right picture though and guess what?? TODAY i cant remember how i did it, i guess i should practise some more

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that was quick, only posted it last night! Glad that you like it and can use it!
Got some really great pics of the moon ourselves tonight.
Lovely layouts :)

Joyce at Salisburys Corner said...

Great layouts! and gorgeous pic, my camera just would not behave with the moon!

Now come check out this new blog too, plese send a page in: www.inspireme2007.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

sigh.... cya tomorrow for mud cake!!!!

Susan C said...

You captured some great moon images. My camera wouldn't behave (yes it was a equipment not an operator problem LOL).

Leanne said...

that is an awesome pic of the moon Tess, amazing