Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Tease

WHAT? another post? lol i must be bored..so bored in fact that i have been cooking..*faint*

..i just love wintery smells, it's so cold i had to wear my coat up to the supermarket..unheard of so early into winter LOL

..anyway back to my wintery smells.

.i dug out my old bread maker that has not been used for quite a while, and i have as we speak (or read lol) hot bread smells going through the house, YUMMY..gary and the boys will be dead impressed with me when they all come home! Combine that smell with the almost as yummy smell of beef stroganoff in the slow cooker!!! and the blueberry teacake!! oh yes indeed, winter brings out the 'mother' in me lol (and i've been to work today too, is there no stopping me??).

I have to pick the boys up from school, but as it's pouring STILL and hasn't let up for ages, i'm going to leave in about 10 minutes (yes, 1 hour early) it's the only way i'm going to get a decent park outside the school gates AND i've a new mag dying to be read, so I'm going to tear myself away from delish smells in the house and take my scrap-mag, glasses (mustn't forget those), blankie..oh how i love my blankie, it's coffee coloured and ever so soft lol and head to the school..ooh i might even take a coffee with me...NOW that sounds like total relax bliss in the car doesn't it..self indulgence at the school LOL i do hope no one see's me!!!

8 comments:

Deb said...

znbijToo funny, what else can you do in this weather, it's awful isn't it. I feel sorry for anyone who needs the rain, but after the last week or so I reckon we've had enough!

I drove all the kids to school today too, but rather than go early I go later. If you want a park near school in this weather you need to be there before 2:15 (ridiculous) so I tell the kids to stay at school and wait for DJ's bus to get in and then I drive straight into the empty carpark and collect them all, too easy!

Your dinner sounds yummy and just perfect for today. Do you have enough for 5 more? lol. Enjoy!!

Deb said...

Please ignore the typo at the beginning, my fingers are cold!

Raechel Gribbin said...

Yummmmoooo, I love home cooked bread, I wish I lived closer so I could pop in for afternoon tea LOL... it's really cold and wintery here to, the poor clothes that have been on the line for 3 days have definately been washed 3 times over LOL... so when it stops I must head out to get them off and into the dryer. Enjoy your food and enjoy your quality time reading your mag in the car.

Raech xx

Leanne said...

your car sounds like the perfect place....so cosy and warm...but then again the smell of that bread doesn't sound too bad either..

Deb said...

Wow - you have been busy havent you Tess - would you like to come to Tassie and do some cooking at my house??

Hope you got a decent park at the school.

Take care my friend

Luv 'n hugs
TD xoxoxo

Bev said...

first wintery day here too, I also dragged out the slow cooker!

Leanne said...

Tess I have just bought myself a slow cooker this morning and remembered you yummy smells going through the house the other day LOL..Are you able to email me you receipe for Beef Strogonoff? I sure would love it

leanne

Robyn said...

You were dead clever I reckon! There is nothing like the smells you have described! I might even dust off my bread maker tomorrow too.