I have not bitten my fingernails since April 13th (for obvious reasons lol it's nigh impossible) so for the first time in my life, my nails look lovely or did...yesterday, i broke my thumbnail right to the edge of my thumb ouch indeed and today i hit my middle finger on the same hand (yes the rudey finger) and the nail broke, just sort of under where it joins onto the finger, it only tore sort of half way through and i had to carefully pull it (took me about 15 minutes because i'm a sook) completely off, then it bled for a while, so now, my nice nails look dreadful again...i guess they will grow back LOL.......
AND my bread maker blew up...yes..so much for yummy hot bread smells every day...The stupid machine worked fine through the mixing process, fine for the rising process and then, when it came time to cook..it blew out the power, so i turned it off, cooked bread in oven, tried again..same thing..so Gary threw it in the bin, without so much as a backward glance at me! He has promised to buy a new one, so i can see me going to the shops next week to buy one..It wasn't that old really, i bought it when Aaryn was 2 and for heaven's sake, he's not 10 for another 3 weeks!!! Nothing is built to last these days..
I'm starting to get the hang of my new toy now..OOPS forgot to blog about my new toy!! I've had it since just after SWIG..yes...i'm the proud owner of a Craft Robo..and i've made quite a few little things with it, even getting clever and making corners and lattice etc. I made an Ahoy Matey title for Tina yesterday complete with parrot!! for Evan's birthday page (he's having a pirate party next week, but that is a drama unfolding in itself lol) and i've done quite a few titles for Luke's album..nearly finished that too, have about 15 more pages to do, it's coming along nicely, hidden in tina's 'studio' at the moment, incase toad comes home and finds it...he keeps looking at my scrap table asking what i'm up to and i just say..oh nothing...i love surprises LOL
Talking of surprises..some of you have had your Rak's posted out already, I've not posted 3, only because i went to the PO with envelopes in hand, posted them all, got home, and cleaned (yes cleaned) my desk, only to find..um...3 envelopes under the cardstock...so slap on the wrist for me and I shall post them on Monday when i go to the PO again!
YET another long weekend here for us..this time we have Friday off, making it a 3 day week YUK i totally hate show week..it's only a holiday in our shire, so, if i drive in the opposite direction, everything is open BUT i dont want to drive in that direction lol..We aren't taking the kids to the show this year..I'm going to the Convention at Kawana instead (*note to self*- better tell Gary LOL)
I think that's all, except perhaps that i've been pricing tickets to the UK for me and the 2 boys!! hoping to go in March/April, but have to save lots of pennies first! Was going to go in Oct, then realized that i would miss SWIG so changed my mind pronto LOL...unfortunately i have to pay adult fare for Cam after Dec, because he will be 12, absolutely ridiculous, so that bumped the fare up heaps more $$$$$, but..oh well, you get that..
ok..if you've managed to keep up this far, with my ramblings your doing pretty good LOL..
shall try to think of something interesting to tell you in my next post....
3 comments:
Thankyou so much Tess for my RAK I received it today, it's just lovely. I am trying to get a decent photo of it so I can share it on my blog, it will be there soon I promise. Oh and thankyou again for the receipies for the slow cooker. I got really brave and set it this morning with a corned beef, did the apple and sugar one and it was quite nice, I was even more impressed to get home from work and find our house hadn't burnt down, so paranoid about leaving something cooking whilst not at home LOL, thinking about doing Apricot Chicken tomorrow.
Leanne
xxx
i was thinking of going up to the craft show on the friday as well - i will keep an eye out for you.
i am loving cooking too, the slow cooker gets washed and then more food goes in.
Ouch, ripped off finger nails HURT!
Might have to get yourself some of that horrid tasting stuff you paint on nails, LOL.
Bummer, about the adult fares after age 12. Somebody told me that there are a couple of airlines that consider 12 year olds still as kids. Can't remember what they were though.
Post a Comment