Monday, November 09, 2009

PHEW!

It’s been an exhausting 2 weeks, travelling around the countryside like vagabond gypsy’s..But we are home now and life resumes with me starting back to work today *sigh*..

Firstly I won’t blog about the holiday today, I’ll leave that for tomorrow (yes, I have a list of things to do and I will stick to that list!),

Secondly..I think I need to update on what has happened since May!

so here we go…

14th May ..

saw the arrival of this little man

IMG_0087

My new grandson Harry Maxwell,  so very proud!!

I was at his birth and Tina and Zeb asked me if  I would like to cut the cord! So glad they trusted me enough to do that!

May 17th..

My step Brother Lee was killed in a log truck accident. He fell asleep whilst driving his fully laden truck, the truck rolled but fell against the side of the mountain and he was killed instantly (so they say!). SO I choofed off down to Tassie for his funeral. Very sad indeed.

Copy of birthday This is the last photo taken of Lee, on his birthday, which was the 15th May, just 4 short days before he died.

*Edited to add*

June 2nd

My Cousin Jimmy, was found dead in his unit, Tragic! We used to be real close at teenagers, needless to say we always got into such strife together LOL..We drifted apart as we got older, but one good thing came from his passing. I have been reunited with his sister also my cousin funny that! Yvonne, we spend hours on the phone, reminiscing etc and chat away on Facebook, like we’ve never been apart.

*end Edit*

June 12th…

saw this little lady arrive….

IMG_0034

Miss Syenna Rose..the newest grand-daughter…

Hayley and Ben asked me if i would like to get down the business end and actually catch her! I have to admit to having my heart race so fast i thought i was going to hyperventilate! i was so nervous that I would drop her etc, but it all happened to fast and NO i didn’t drop her, She was delivered into my safe hands and I handed her up to her mum and dad, whilst bawling my eyes out!

July 12th…..

saw the arrival of this little lady….

IMG_0255

Miss Poppy Lyn McLoughlin….my newest niece. seen here with her adoring aunty!! (me lol) Such a special little girl, Pat and Heidi are besotted with her, and who could blame them, she is sooooo adorable!

I marvel over the wonders of IVF and the miracle that brings life…*sigh*

whilst on the subject of babies…

this little cutie was born july 4th

IMG_0139

Luk Chi the first baby elephant to be born in captivity at Taronga zoo Sydney..so damn cute, not unlike a human baby really, well except perhaps for the trunk!  he has 2 speeds..flat out and stop! I loved how he tormented his mother, by climbing all over her, when she’d had enough, she flipped him off with her trunk as all good mothers do! and he, like all babies, came back for seconds…Kept me amused for a ages LOL

That’s it for now..time to get ready to return to work! Silly isn’t it, i return today,then have 2 days off, to return on Thursday until Saturday! I should have told them I’d return on Thursday..oh well…too late now!

I shall return tomorrow with a holiday update…be warned…it will be long.. I only took 1500 photo’s…dont worry I’ll only share 700 LOL

No comments: