something as simple as Asthma suddenly become pneumonia?
I have had asthma for the last 6 weeks, finally gave into it on Thurs and got Hayley to run me up to the emergency dept, my bum never even hit the seat..Amazing what power not breathing brings in places like that! (considering we sat for over 4 hours on Tues night with Bray, obviously NOT as important as his Nanna, but that is another story, and he is ok!)
I was hooked up to a nebulizer, stabbed 4 times in both hands because the nurse couldn't find a vein and when she did find one I had no blood..I tell you..she looked at me accusingly and said..YOU HAVE NO BLOOD! I have to get a doctor..ok, i was past caring anyway..The doctor came in and said, take it out and put it in the other hand, she chucked a bit of a tanty (not unlike All Saints lol) so the doctor decided it would be better for him to do it himself. After getting the canula into a vein via my whole hand he managed to get a few drops of blood. then decided that perhaps i was super dehydrated so ordered fluids. That worked..They did cultures, chest X-rays, everything apparently everything was clear. Gave me some phenergan for my swollen eye (allergy to pain killers) and after 6 hours of poking and prodding thought perhaps I would be better off at home as now I was breathing a lot better and would I please go to my GP for a follow up visit. I felt great so thought yup, this was easy, I'm all better..
WRONG! by 3am this morning, I felt like the truck that had run over me the day before had now reversed over me, luckily I had an 8 am appointment with my GP so i just sat and concentrated on breathing etc until I had to go see him. He took one look at me, threw a nebulizer on me, double dose! examined me and was horrified that the hospital sent me home, rang the hospital, got someone to look at my X-rays while he was on the phone, told them what to look for..oh yes...lookie here, the lady has PNEUMONIA! how ever did we miss that? Would I like to go back to the hospital..NO WAY...so I'm home, on steroids (i shall look like a weightlifter when I'm done lol) and antibiotics, go back to doc on Monday and if no better, then hospital it shall be!
on the bright side
Aaryn has been looking after me beautifully, water, cordial and ginger beer every half hour (so I don't deflate! I think be meant dehydrate lol) and panadol every 4 hours on the dot! Salada crackers with a little butter, if I need to eat..He would cook a roast, but isn't allowed to use the oven and also he would make me coffee or tea but his dad said, he's not allowed to use the kettle yet, he's too short LOL @ that one!
He put socks on me so my feet wouldn't get cold and insisted I have 4 blankets on me and just incase i did get cold, he then opened my bedroom blinds so the sun would shine straight on me and warm me up.
Why I just sweated that damn pneumonia right out of me i think LOL. He has picked every flower/weed in sight and surrounded me with them, which has done wonders for the hayfever,
He then reminded me that if and when I die not to forget the TV is his!
i should have known there were ulterior motives. I'm also expecting a bill at the end of it all LOL
Cameron offers an..."are you ok" from his computer every now and again..Gary pops his head around the door, ready to run, as he asks, can I get you anything and looks relieved when I say No thank you Aaryn has got it covered.
At least out of 5 children, I have one who cares *sigh* *woe is me*..
OK I'm off back to my couch, my loving son has asked if he may have the computer and don't I think it's time I had a sleep and lookie here, another glass of ginger beer!!
who would have thought that was good for dehydration LOL shame I can't have any Frangelico in it, that would make me sleep!
3 comments:
Sounds like you have a great nurse there and will be back on your feet in no time.
Take it easy and wishing you a speedy recovery.
Tess, Tess, Tess ... look after yourself my friend ...
All the liquid will be making you 'pee' - that sounds awfully vulgar and I don't mean it to be ... but you will definitely be re-hydrated.
As for the doctors ... well ... how could they miss something like that?
I wish you a speedy recovery.
Oh Tess - what shall I do with you??? I do hope you are feeling better now and that the Dr tomorrow doesnt send you to Hospital. At least Aaryn cares and is looking after you.
Take care my friend, and get well soon
Luv TD xoxoxo
Post a Comment