Aaryn has cryptosporidium/giardia eia
a very different form of giardia so different that our doctor has never seen a case of it until today!! the health authorities have been notified as it is caused by drinking contaminated water, so now the council have to find THAT water...good luck to them! I am thinking perhaps the soccer ground as it's only since he started playing soccer that he has been sick and he said he drank out of the bubblers there, but in saying that it could be from anywhere really.
He's on a course of antibiotics for a couple of weeks and by then the weight should just jump back on his skinny little bones.
Thank goodness he isn't contagious (although, if i got it I would be pleased to lose weight LOL)
3 comments:
Great to hear ... that you now know what it is that has been ailing Aaryn ... will be interesting to see how long it takes for the council to find its source.
Okay what is a bubbler - an Aussie term for a drinking tap perhaps?!?!?!?
Glad to hear they have finally worked out what is wrong with Aaryn, poor lovey, at least now he can take some meds and start getting better.
Hugs to you both (oh and your packing tape story had me in stitches! LOL I'm hopeless with those things too! hee hee)
Oh Tess, I love reading your Blog! ROFL the packing tape story, I cheered at the Karma story too! Tay had giardia when she was two, it recurred for nearly 6 months, we never knew when it would kick in and spent many a night changing bedding and so on, eventually it stopped, I think she had drugs for it too, can't remember, but it wasn't nice :( and neither was the poo sample adventure, I DO remember THAT! :)
Tracey xxx
Post a Comment