There are reason's why one doesn't go shopping when totally depressed, many reasons, but today I threw caution to the wind and went to try a bit of retail therapy on my own for a change! (I rarely shop alone)
first buy for the day was a lovely pair of ankle boots with absolutely no heel, just what I've been looking for, ok, I will confess, I actually found these little beauties, marked down heaps, last night when I was at work, because the store was closed when I found them, I had to 'hide' them in a safe place incase an insane shopper bought them, they were sold before I could get back to the store.
I then went and had a lovely lunch with Gary, just the 2 of us, he picked me up from the plaza, took me to the pub at Chancellor Park for a leisurely lunch, then dropped me back to the plaza to pick up my car.
WRONG MOVE!!!!!
As he was in a hurry to get back to work, he dropped me outside Camera House, so it would have been remiss of me to just walk past, I quickly checked to make sure that the man who always laughs at me wasn't there (he wasn't!) I was in no mood for him making jokes about the stuff ups I usually make whilst in there!
AND in the space of 5 minutes or possibly even less, in fact, almost certain it was less, in fact, the minute the sales woman said those wretched words...HOW CAN I HELP YOU????
I bought this.....
HMMMMM yes indeed, a DSLR, now come on, it was a good bargain, she gave me 2 free lenses AND threw in a memory card AND also I got an accessories pack thrown in..3 yr extended warranty. Mines not silver though, they didn't have any of those left, (and she advised me that although yes, they do look flash, they do tend to scratch!) so I got the black one. I threw it all on layby and told her I'd be back in 2 weeks to pick it up, because that's what I'm spending my puppy money on! (I affectionately call it my baby bonus!)
It has lifted my depression just a little bit, I think actually having it in my hand will help further!
Anyone want to buy a fuji finepix 12 megapixel digital camera LOL
4 comments:
you are going to love it, and chrissy is going to be so jealous. and you deserve it.
So a little retail therapy never really hurt anyone ... did it???
You enjoy your new toy.
Having trouble breathing here!!! *giggle* Nicole is soooooooo right!!!!!!! LOL I am SO green jelly Miss Tess, the $$$ for my Canon 400D that I've been pining for, since my big 40 b'day last year and longer, keeps eluding me!
Enjoy your gorgeous new baby when it arrives Tess honey, you deserve it sweetie and are going to love it for absolute sure. My only request... pleeeeease bring it to the next SWIG so I can have a little play with it? *grin*
Hugs
Chrissy x
PS And hey I think the black looks more professional anyways, it's my choice for "one day". :D
I am sure you will be very happy with it. It's an exciting purchase - I can still remember having you with me when I bought my 300D. Have lots of fun with it and enjoy a whole new level of photography.
Post a Comment