Tuesday, November 27, 2007

manic!

what a manic month! It's so busy at work i dont even have time to scratch myself lately. BUT at least it's a job and i am loving it! Finally, our cheques arrived from Dad's estate. It came with some spooky incidents though i must say! (lots of spooky things have been happening, thank GOD my friend Jackie has witnessed them too!) firstly, I had told J about an incident when i was thinking about my dad and the song that was played at his funeral came on the radio, first time i had heard it since that morning. THEN, when we were driving up our driveway for the first time, Aaryn asked if Grampy knew where we were now living, AND the song came on the radio again, I told Aaryn that yes i reckon Gramps knows where we are! Secondly. At the scrapshop, something came up in conversation and I turned to J and said, i dont think my dad would like that sort of talk, AGAIN the song came on the radio (I had already told her about the previous incidents!!) I just had to leave the shop, it got a bit too much for me! THIRDLY..my dad used to send me a card and a cheque for $30 on my birthday, he would alway's post it on my birthday and then let me know, i used to get it 2 day's later. Last year was the only year he had really missed, because he was in hospital. ANYWAY, now for the spooky part. I got a phone call off the solicitor, to tell me that the cheque would be delayed a day or 2 because he had made a mistake on the totals, That's fine, we've waited this long! He rings me back, the day before my birthday to say he had just posted it and the discrepancy was......$30...omg that freaked me out, I got the cheque 2 day's after my birthday!!!! (spoooooky with the extra $30!!).. SO yesterday, after long deliberations, i took myself shopping and bought my final birthday present off my father, something I will treasure forever. A beautiful heavy, silver necklace AND a silver anchor charm, so that when i touch it, i can think of my dad. (he was in the navy and I thought the anchor most appropriate) I had to order it in so it should be here next week, but I am wearing the chain now! The lady in the jewellers asked me if it was a xmas gift and like the idiot i am, i burst into tears when telling her i was buying it out of my inheritence! She consoled me (but gave me no discount LOL) and said it was a beautiful thing I was doing. Gary just left the shop with embarrassement, but soon came back in and sneakily laybyed a lovely ruby ring and matching ruby earings. I do hope they are for me for xmas!!! shhh i wasn't supposed to see LOL. I did take a pic of my necklace but it's still on the camera, but i'll take a better one when i get the anchor

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Well if Gary doesn't give you the ruby pretties I'm betting there'll be some *major* explaining going on in your household Miss Tess!! ROFLMHO

I actually felt all warm and happy thinking that your dear dad is still so strongly with you like that love. It's ok to be emotional about it too, I would be!

Now onto all things pretty and glittery, I wanna see your tres elegant black, white and silver tree honey when it goes up!! Promise you will share??!!

Love Chrissy x

Susan C said...

That is a little wierd but some might say that your dad is looking out for you.

You know you would look great in rubies.