To the most loveliest woman I was ever privileged to know!
2 years ago today, you left this world for (in your words) a better place. No more pain or suffering, to be with ‘your sweet Jesus’ as you always called him. I hope he’s treating you well!!!
I’ve a lot of friends, heaps, but only a few I let real close, that’s the way I am, friendly, outgoing, but I just like to keep a respectable distance! Heather, was one of the friends (the other’s know who they are, there are 3!!) who I let in, but with her it was different. She was more than a friend, she was my (adopted) mother, confidante and also my protector in a way. She looked after me and never a day went by without a little text message, email or phone call to see if I was ok and for her to tell me she loved me dearly. She not only adopted me, but Gary and the kids too, they loved their ‘Grandma’ dearly, she never forgot a birthday or any important things going on in their lives. She loved them unconditionally as though they were her own. So much so, that I think we often forgot that she was a friend not mother/grandma..To us, she was our world, because we’d never had it before.
I may not have had her in my life for ever, but the time we had together was precious and as (another) friend said to me just a few weeks ago…BUT at least you had that time!
Whoever said, Time heals all pain…to be honest..is a liar, it doesn’t, nor does it make it easier, in fact its harder, trying to remember your voice, your smell, the touch of your hand patting my arm, I know your still around though, I sometimes ‘feel’ your presence, or you send little reminders, like the butterfly that has been fluttering against the dining room window all day, while i’ve been sitting here at the table, (wasting time) on the computer and also like the butterfly that kept fluttering around my head at the cemetary earlier, when I went to visit you and put a Lily on your resting place…(chosen because your middle name was Lily and they make me think of you). The pot plant that dies off, then when i’m least expecting it, flourishes and flowers, your last gift to me, one i treasure, and call Heather and heaven forbid anyone who touches it, even tho the pot is just full of dirt at the moment, I know it will come back to life soon, it always does..(it’s a gloxinia). Many, many things remind me of you, everyday, in different ways.
NEVER will you be forgotten, there is always a place set for you when we scrap, silly but true, your always bought up in conversation, and we know, sometimes your there, shaking your head and laughing at us!
Heather, your no longer here, but your spirit lives on in us all, I hope we are doing you proud. I miss you, we all miss you, You may be gone, but our love for you isn’t it gets stronger every passing day…
Sleep well, dear, dear friend and always know we are thinking of you xx
No comments:
Post a Comment