Monday, March 26, 2007
NY resolution COMPLETED!!
For years, i've hated my smile (aka teeth), tried not to smile in photo's (which result in my looking usually gormless) and get very embarrassed if people look to closely at my mouth. One of my NY resolutions was to do something about it, SO, last week, I went and had my quote done! NOW, to say I am petrified of the dentist is an understatement. Tina and Monika had to escort me in the door (to make sure i actually went in), the longer I had to wait, the paler I got and by the time the Dentist called me in, I was in a state of panic, sweat pouring off me, i sat in his chair and burst into tears i was so frightened, he thought he'd have to sedate me just to do the exam, he was very nice and didn't even use his 'counting stick', gave me a sticker and balloon afterwards too!! After all that, the quote wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, (although Gary nearly fainted when i showed him, and yes, he did say..I COULD BUY MY NEW BOAT MOTOR FOR THAT WIH CHANGE!!! rofl) TODAY, i had my first impressions done (nearly threw up in fear but I managed to get myself to the dentist ON MY OWN!!!!!!) He was impressed that I came back and told me I should be congratulated, he has never seen anyone as frightened as me before!!! I go back next Monday for my final impression and choose the 'colour' ( i want movie star WHITE lol) and then on FRIDAY THE 13th (OMG couldn't they have chosen a better date) at 2pm, i go under sedation and have my procedure.
TO say i'm excited would be a lie, i'm actually Petrified, apprehensive, Terrified, nervous and perhaps maybe just a tad excited. I keep trying to imagine what it's going to look like. but naturally i cant..I can say however, that when the receptionist told me that the bill was 100% paid for, i felt like sitting down and crying as there was no turning back. To be sure, it's the best present i've given myself, one that is going to help my self esteem a bit (I hope), and i may even start to smile more in photo's!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Way to go Tess, I am very impressed! I know where you are coming from on this one (which is why mine aren't fixed yet either). I can't wait to see the end result.
This might just prompt me into going and getting mine done (if I can find the $$$$).
Oh Tess you are a crack up, I love the way you put your experiences into words.... good on you for doing something for yourself I can't wait to see your new set of pearly whites LOL... GOOD LUCK with it all I now you will be fine.
Raech :o)
it must be the year for it tess - i am also getting mine done - will not false ones - yet - he is trying to save whats left on them, 3 wisdoms and 2 others to come out, 2 root canals and a few other bits and peices - its going to take 5 months and about $3000. I am happy though if he can save them. My dad had a full set of false before he was 40, so we are going to give it our best shot. We have very weak teeth and with each child they justgot worst.
GOOD ON YA TESS!!!!!!!
Congratulations Tess on making your NY Resolution come true.. You wont know yourself with your new smile!
Way to go, Tess! I hate going to the dentist, too, so I really admire your courage and determination. Can't wait to see your beautiful white smile at a Swig later on in the year. :)
Well you're a brave lass! I am not fond of dentists either so I am full of admiration for you!
Don't forget to show us your new smile :)
Linda.
Oh Miss Tess you already know how proud I am of you but here's another big WOOHOO!!! :-)
You and I sound like twinnies when it comes to THAT place (I can hardly say the "D" word! LOL) wishing you so many good thoughts for the 13th!!! I'm so excited for you love I truly am.
Well done Tess, when you can overcome a large fear to make yourself a better person that can only be a good thing.
Well done.
Parky
so Very proud of you my lovely, your smile is gorgeous now and with the new 'white' will be even more gorgeous.
Post a Comment